Since I almost missed the first Advent Sunday (you can see my hand made Advent wrearh here), I made sure to have my Advent Calendar ready on time. I love the idea of home made Advent calendar, it’s much more personal and enjoyable than those you can buy in the mall! That’s why I made another trip to the crafts shop, stocked up on sweets and candy and spent the whole Monday afternoon cutting, gluing and tying (and eating candy, of course 🙂 And this is what I got in the end:
If you want to try and make the same one for yourself, here are the instructions:
What I needed:
* two rolls of patterned wrapping paper (this year, my Christmas decorations are all in purple & green)
* 2 sheets of colored paper (purple and green again)
* 1 roll of crepe paper (hot pink)
* thin decorative ribbon and string ribbon
* scissors, cutter, crafts glue, adhesive tape
1. I drew and cut the cone template: 15cm x 21cm (and I made the curve with the help of a simple plate).
2. I cut 24 shapes from the patterned paper (12 from each color).
3. I rolled the sheets into cones, glued them and then secured the seam with a little piece of adhesive tape (just in case).
4. I glued star confetti to each cone.
5. I cut the circles from colored paper (again, 12 from each color) and wrote the numbers from 1 to 24 on them.
6. With the help of a cutter I made the little holes in which I secured a thin ribbon.
7. I tied the number tags to the cones, and secured with adhesive tape.
8. Now I prepared the little candy packages: I cut 24 circles from crepe paper, I put chocolates and candy inside, wrapped into small packets and tied with the ribbon.
9. I secured a piece of string ribbon on the windows, attached the cones with colored clothespins and filled them with little packages.
Happy Advent snacking!